Best answer

How to loop to build a list of emails, then send a single email?

• 6 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When a message is sent out of Teamwork software, the payload delivered to Zapier (via Webhook) contains a list of comma separated UserIDs the message was sent to. I need to build task(s) to go get the email addresses tied to those users IDs out of Teamwork so I can use those in later tasks within the Zap.

I tested the Zapier Looping task and I don’t believe it was designed to do what I want.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 October 2023, 19:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @arrw24 

Good question.

You can use Looping, but those iterations run in parallel.

So you would need to add a Delay step within the Loop to space out the iterations.

You can use Digest to append data.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I’m excited by your answer, but it’s still not clicking. Would you mind providing a bit more detail? See below where my issue is that it would create a Note in ZDSell for every email address. I only want to write the note once. Hopefully that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@arrw24

Add this step after the Looping step

Action: Delay - After Queue

Add these steps after the Digest - Append Entry step.

• Action: Filter
    • loop_iteration_is_last contains true
  • Action: Digest - Release Existing Digest
Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone SWEET! I understand everything and I think I have it working, except I don’t understand the reason for the Delay task. Can you offer what would go in the action fields? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@arrw24

Looping iterations run in parallel, so in order to make them run sequentially, you need to add a Delay step.

Review the field descriptions for guidance.

Review the help articles for guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help