Skip to main content
Question

How to Loop through results of a Webhook Action

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi folks, 

I was able to set up a webhook action to grab bill information from the LegiScan API and when I look at the data out it looks great. I see a visual representation of the data like it’s in an array for each search result: 

What I would like to do is set up a loop that does something with each item in the array searchresult.

When I go to do any other action, what I have is separate line items for every piece of information:

I also can’t take advantage of the Code action to group this information together because I’d have to add each of those results (9 pieces of information and 100 results = 900 variables). I’m not sure where to go from here to put each search result into Airtable rows. 

Anyone else run into this? Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi @dev_ttse 

Try this trick:

Then you can use a Code step to parse and prep the data.

The Looping app can then be used to iterate the items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thanks so much @Troy Tessalone this is indeed totally what I’m looking for, however, maybe I’m not implementing it correctly?

I set up the second zap and sent the data to the second zap through a webhook just like the guide recommended, sending as a “form” or as “json” worked but still ultimately returned the same individual variables as the first zap. I switched to the Catch Raw Hook option and that was closer to what I was looking for with the raw API response coming through.

Now I’m trying to parse the json with the Code action and when I parse the JSON Zapier again removes the array:

Any other tips on how to parse this out to line items? I really appreciate your help.

@dev_ttse 

You can’t just parse the raw JSON.

You need to add custom code to parse the raw JSON to create new arrays.