Best answer

How to integrate ZAPs with another company?

• 29 November 2022
  • 3 replies

We need to build a workflow to automate a process with a supplier, and I’m wondering if this is something Zapier can help with?

The supplier is using SmartSheet and at the moment we need to manually fill in a SmartSheet form to send requests to the supplier. Zapier, of course, has an integration with SmartSheet but our supplier cannot give our Zapier account access to their SmartSheet account as the access control is not granular enough. So I’m wondering if there is a kind of Zap to Zap integration which would allow us to set up a Zap in our Zapier account which sends data and then triggers a Zap in our suppliers Zapier account which then adds data to their SmartSheet.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 29 November 2022, 15:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Consigas 

To create something like that you can use Webhooks by Zapier. But im a little unclear about what your trigger would be? So what would you do that triggers this zap? 

Thanks @MohSwellam,

Webhooks sound like a good idea. There could be various triggers like a customer fill in a registration form on our webpage. So if I understand webhooks correctly then our supplier could set up a Zap in their Zapier account using “Webhooks by Zapier Integrations” with a “Catch Hook” as a trigger, which then feeds the received data into SmartSheet, and our side we use a “Webhooks by Zapier Integrations” with a “POST” action to send them the data, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Consigas 

Yes that is it exactly. You would create headers for the data that you need to send the supplier and use their Webhook (which they would send you from the Catch Webhook Trigger) to send the data to it.