Best answer

How to GET Insightly's Project Custom Fields?

• 8 November 2020
  • 7 replies

How can I parse out te custom fields coming in from an Insightly Project.
The results are nested and cannot be used for any next steps in Zapier?

icon

Best answer by ericgreenspan 26 November 2020, 01:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! As I’m not sure what the next steps in your zap, this might not be the best solution, but you can use a formatter step here and split the values out as seperate fields/line items - See screenshot below:

Hey Andy, 

Thanks for the info. It will be definitely useful for some other zaps I have in mind.
For this one specifically, I would need the info to have correlation and act as one object. 
This is how the JSON is formatted when you use custom fields in Insightly.

And my next step would be mapping some of those custom fields over to another object.

Thank you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think, in that case, you’d be better handling this with a code step rather than a webhook, so you hand handle the response that you get from the request, and build your object that way.

Is this something you think you’d be able to do? It’s definitely something our Experts can help you with here: https://www.experts.zapier.com if not..

I was able to parse out a custom Raw response in the first step.

The problem emerges when I run a GET function on further steps.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 1

@Matheus 

Insightly just released an api 3.1 version of their Zap. While this can be done in a code step or by splitting line items, the new Zap is fabulous. I’m currently converting hundreds of Webhook steps to the Zap. Good luck!

Same here @ericgreenspan 
This update to 3.1 is really helping a lot.
Thanks for the message!

Userlevel 1

Awesome. It still cannot handle links so if that comes up, use webhooks. Remember Links are an array and will loop so you can either use filters or paths to break them when its the wrong object being run through the zap loop. You’ll figure it out.