Question

How to filter based on last record retrieved from Zapier Webhook GET request

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve got a workflow to fill out a table with results from a Webhook GET request. This is straight forward enough. Most of the requests result in 50-100 records that get added to my table. So when my zap makes the API call the subsequent tasks run for each of the 50-100 records received. What I’d like to add is the ability for me to be notified when the final record is done being processed. Since Zapier Webhooks runs the subsequent tasks for each record, I don’t see a way to filter a final task based on whether or not it is the final record being run.

Any ideas for Zapier to know how many records are in the API response and which record is the final one?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @A Colpitts 

Are you using Looping to handle each iteration?

Looping help: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

How do I stop a loop from running in subsequent action steps?

All actions after the looping step will run for each iteration of the loop. If you don’t want an action step to loop:

• After the last step you want to loop, add a filter step.
  • Set the filter to only continue if the value loop_iteration_is_last matches the (Boolean) Is True condition.

The filter will run in every loop but will only pass in the last loop. Any actions step after the filter will run once in the last loop and use only 1 task.

miscEye icon Note

If you want an action step to only run once, add it before the looping step, if possible. This will use less tasks and the filter step won’t be needed.

Userlevel 1

That won’t work as far as I know because Zapier handles each record separately and runs the subsequent steps for each record individually. So rather than feeding the looping step 50 records to loop, it feeds it 1 record, 50 separate times so the loop thinks it’s the last step every time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@A Colpitts 

For us to have more context, we will need to see how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.