Question

How to add new entries/records to a subform in Zoho CRM?

• 10 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello,

I am trying to create a Zap that is being triggered by a webhook. The Zap should add new entries/records to a subform in Zoho CRM. But I am not sure how to do that. 

So I built a Zap using the “Update Module Entry in Zoho CRM” app. When I test the Zap it adds just one new entry. But I want to add several entries each time the Zap is running (= a new row in the subform). 

How is this possible? 

Thanks, M.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michael291 

Good question.

Can you elaborate more about how many new Zoho entries you are trying to create.

Perhaps use the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

I do have a custom module and I want to add recurring invoices each year to this subform. So each year there will be a new row in the subform with a new invoice. 

How can I do this with the Looping app? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291 

Please clarify how many Years.

Is it always X # of Years. (e.g. always 3 years)

Or does the # of Years vary?

Best to outline specific examples and provide screenshots for us to have enough context.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Troy Tessalone 

It can be every 1 or 2 years. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291 

What trigger step data point indicates whether it’s 1 year, or 2 years, or X years? (screenshots)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Troy Tessalone It depends on the previous invoice that has a field named “interval” and the values are 1 or 2 (years). 

Here’s a screenshot of the subform…

And each year or every 2 years (depending on the subscription length/interval) there will be a new row with a new invoice for the subscription renewal. 

Thanks again for your help, 
M.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291

The Looping app can be used to handle 1+ iterations for the Zap steps that follow.

Also, you may want to look into using Zoho CRM workflow rules instead of the Zaps: https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/crm/automate-business-processes/workflow-management/articles/configuring-workflow-rules

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Okay @Troy Tessalone , thanks. I will have a look at it. 

Best, M.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @michael291! 👋

Were you able to solve this using Looping by Zapier or by creating workflow rules in Zoho as Troy suggested? Or did you find a different solution?

Want to make sure you’re all set here! 🙂