Question

How do I trigger an action when a Discord message is pinned ?

• 24 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi Zapier team,

I want to achieve something similar to what have been done here: 

Except, that I want to be able to trigger a Zapier event when a message is pinned (or unpinned). How can I do that?

I can  do something with the “When a reaction to any Discord message” instead. But, it seems to not be implemented yet? Do you have any news about this feature? can I vote for it?

Also, can someone please elaborate on the webhook approach?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @akram, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’ve checked on the feature request that’s mentioned in that other topic and it’s not been implemented yet, so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. I can’t share any ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, for the pinned messages you’d need to set up a webhook in Discord (whenever a message is pinned) to be sent to a Zap that uses a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger. I’ve not tested whether it’s possible for pinned messages but it looks like you’d need to use the Get Pinned Messages endpoint.

I can’t give an exact step by step on this but Discord have a guide on how to setup webhooks here: What is a webhook. And you can learn more about how to get a Zap to trigger from a webhook here: Trigger Zaps from webhooks

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on!