Question

How do I make Zapier respect the sequence of tweets when posting to Discord through Webhooks?

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have tweets get posted in webhooks by zapier on discord.

How can I make Zapier respect the sequence of the posts meaning 1st tweet gets posted first on discord and then next. Not mixing them up.

this is my setup. D you have any ways for me to fix the sequence of posts?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @xiksaga 

As the new tweets come in, it will get posted to that Webhook, meaning it should already be in sequence. Also Zapier checks the ID to verify the sequence, and IDs are typically in order and increases over time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Do you have an example of tweets getting posted to discord in a different order from when they’re tweeted? How close together are the initial tweets?

I have tweets get posted in webhooks by zapier on discord.

How can I make Zapier respect the sequence of the posts meaning 1st tweet gets posted first on discord and then next. Not mixing them up. Balanced Wellness Hub products

this is my setup. D you have any ways for me to fix the sequence of posts?

To make Zapier respect the sequence of tweets, you can follow these steps:

Enable Zapier's Delay step: After setting up the trigger for the tweets, add a Delay step in your Zapier workflow. This step introduces a time delay between each tweet to ensure they are posted in the desired order.

Configure the Delay step: In the Delay step, specify an appropriate delay duration that allows for the desired sequence. For example, you can set a delay of 1 minute between each tweet. Adjust the duration based on the frequency of tweets and the desired order in Discord.

Map tweet data to the Webhook action: In the subsequent action step for the Webhook, ensure that you properly map the tweet data fields (e.g., tweet content, username, timestamp) to the appropriate message components in the Discord Webhook payload.

Test and refine: Test the Zap to verify that the tweets are now being posted in the desired sequence in Discord. If necessary, refine the delay duration or adjust any mapping configurations to achieve the desired result.