Skip to main content
Question

How do I format Multi-Select Checkbox fields from Gravity Forms to Salesforce using Zapier

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey Zap Community!

Our organization, Musicians On Call, has been using Zapier to automate data entry from GravityForms to Salesforce. A few of our forms use Multi Select Checkboxes that need to be mapped into Salesforce as single select checkboxes.

For example, if the answer choices for the form are (A,B,C,D), Salesforce will have boolean questions for A, for B, for C, and for D. If A and D are selected on the question in Gravity Forms, A must be marked TRUE on Salesforce and D must be marked TRUE on Salesforce. 

I understand that I need to use Javascript code for this, but any code I write pulls the data from GravityForms as an Undefined data type. Help writing out this code step would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MOCAni 

Salesforce help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Select more than one value from the dropdown field

If you have a multi-select pick list field in Salesforce then you can select multiple items by using semicolon character ; between them.

Alternatively if you're passing data from a previous step, you can use Formatter to create a string with ; as the separator.