Best answer

How do I extract specific data from QuickBooks Online reports to update a custom field in Pipedrive?

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I have ongoing costs that I track in QBO, they are a sub account of “Other current assets” where I spend money on a project, and then recoup those costs at the end. I have a custom report that tracks these expenses and splits it out per client. I want to be able to pull that data from that report and put it into my CRM (pipedrive) in a custom field. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to conduct an API call in Quickbooks to get this data out. How do I call that data out?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 September 2023, 04:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CaseyA 

Good question.

Try using the AI assist that is part of this Zap action: QBO - App Extensions

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

What have you tried so far? Have you come close? Is it Zapier’s offerings or the QuickBooks API that’s got you stumped currently?

What have you tried so far? Have you come close? Is it Zapier’s offerings or the QuickBooks API that’s got you stumped currently?

So I have tried a ton of the different API endpoints and calls on QBO’s side. It’s definitely QBO that is the problem. Their endpoints just may not allow for querying certain reports, but at least at the surface, their documentation suggests that you can do it. 

Hi @CaseyA 

Good question.

Try using the AI assist that is part of this Zap action: QBO - App Extensions

Good idea, and thanks. I have not had much luck with AI assist in Zapier to date, but have not tried it with the App Extension feature. I will give it a shot! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @CaseyA! Glad to hear Troy was able to help you out!

Please note that, App Extensions (Beta) is an advanced feature so you might need to reach out to one of our certified Zapier Experts to help you set that up. You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts