Skip to main content
Question

How can I send Gong call transcripts to Google Docs with Zapier?

• 24 June 2024
  • 8 replies

I have connected Gong.io and Google Doc to Zapier but none of the events/triggers seem to be getting automatically transcription of the calls.  I’m looking to get all the gong’s call transcript and to send each one of them in a google doc. The issue is that I can only create actions for a specific call at a time apparently.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to automatically get all gong transcript and send them on google doc.

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Me129 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Gong: https://zapier.com/apps/gong/integrations#triggers-and-actions

GDocs: https://zapier.com/apps/google-docs/integrations#triggers-and-actions

I need it to get transcript of a call, and send it on a google doc. Actually succeding to get all the transcript from a date to date but need it to create one document per gong transcript and not one document with all transcripts from a date. Also need to get in title the date and client company name of the call but currently only succeeding to put the ID in title. I also can’t fin how to make it automatically for each previous call register

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Me129 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings, field types, field descriptions along with the data returned from each step.

Please specify how do I get in EDIT mode. Isn’t the previous screenshot the edit mode ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Me129 

Previous screenshots shows us how the Zap steps are outlined but not how each Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

Click the [Edit Zap] button at the top right of the Zap Editor.

Succeeded to get the transcript of one call for example, but the transcript is not structured. Every sentence follow each other in a big block. How can I get the transcript with username at least before each sentence?

Would like to get all together and not first the IDs, then the timing, then all sentences.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Me129 

You would likely need to use a Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text step to merge these 2 fields:

For related guidance, check this article:

Succeeded to get the transcript of one call for example, but the transcript is not structured. Every sentence follow each other in a big block. How can I get the transcript with username at least before each sentence?

Would like to get all together and not first the IDs, then the timing, then all sentences.

@Me129 how were you able to preform step 2 I am receiving an error message when I attempt to receive the transcript.