Question

How can i select 2 test records

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, i need help.

I am building a chatbot that mainly has 2 functions 1. collecting names, email, pn 2. being able to answer questions and saving those questions. My aim is to store the values of both of those functions (Ex. Name, email, phone number and the question the user asks) in one spreadsheet row on google sheets. But to do that i need to first connect a webhook to google sheets, but to do that i need to test the webhook and select the value from both functions. But to do that i need to select both of these requests.

Here is an Ex.

So my question is: How can i select/Merge both of these requests or 

Also, if you are wondering why i cant put both of the functions into one same requests, its because the user has to put in different types of inputs into each function.

If anyone has a question or believe they have the answer but don’t fully understand the question, please dont think twice about asking their question in the reply section. 

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @emii 

Good question.

Each request to a Zap webhook will result in a separate Zap Run.

You may need to configure your Zap steps like this:

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
  2. Action: GSheets - Find/Create Row
    1. Use the Lookup Row action and check the checkbox at the bottom
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Can you be a little bit more specific, i’m fairly new to this and i don’t know where these actions or Checkboxes are.

Could you please provide a more detailed step by step guide on how to do this?

Thank you @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@emii

Please post screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context.

@Troy Tessalone If anything isn’t clear or you need anything else, please ask in the replies, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@emii 

In the GSheet step, you need to specify a Lookup Column and Lookup Value for those 2 fields.