Question

How can I loop on a JSON file?

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to create a loop so that for each item of my JSON retrieved by a "Retrieve Poll in Webhooks by Zapier". However, I can't retrieve all the items in my API, so I only get one value each time via "Create Loop From Line Items in Looping by Zapier".

Do you have any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nono_ 

Good question.

You can try using a Code step to do the looping within the code.

OR

You can create a looping Zap with Webhooks.

Example of Concept

I'm trying to create a loop so that for each item of my JSON retrieved by a "Retrieve Poll in Webhooks by Zapier". However, I can't retrieve all the items in my API, so I only get one value each time via "Create Loop From Line Items in Looping by Zapier". calculadora alicia

Do you have any ideas?

To loop through a JSON file, you can follow these general steps:

1. Read the JSON File: Start by reading the JSON file and parsing its contents into a data structure that can be easily traversed in your programming language of choice. The method for reading a JSON file may vary depending on the programming language or framework you're using.

2. Access the JSON Data: Once you have the JSON data in memory, access the specific elements or arrays you want to loop through. JSON data is typically represented as key-value pairs, where values can be arrays or nested objects.

3. Iterate Over the Data: Use loops or iteration mechanisms provided by your programming language to iterate over the JSON data. The specific loop syntax and methods will depend on the programming language you're using.

4. Perform Operations within the Loop: Inside the loop, you can access and manipulate the individual elements of the JSON data. This can include extracting values, performing calculations, conditional checks, or any other actions you need to perform based on the JSON data.

I'm trying to create a loop so that for each item of my JSON retrieved by a "Retrieve Poll in Webhooks by Zapier". However, I can't retrieve all the items in my API, so I only get one value each time via "Create Loop From Line Items in Looping by Zapier". list of dentists in New Castle, In

Do you have any ideas?

If you are using Zapier and facing issues retrieving all the items from your JSON via the "Retrieve Poll in Webhooks by Zapier" step, you can try the following steps to create a loop and access each item:

1. Check your API response: Ensure that your API response contains all the items you expect. You can use tools like Postman or directly test the API endpoint to confirm if it returns the complete JSON with multiple items.

2. Parse the JSON response: After the "Retrieve Poll in Webhooks by Zapier" step, use a JSON parsing action in Zapier to extract the relevant data from the response. This will help ensure that Zapier recognizes the JSON structure and enables you to access its individual elements.

3. Configure the loop: Add the "Create Loop From Line Items in Looping by Zapier" step to your Zap. In this step, select the appropriate field from the parsed JSON response as the input for the loop. This should allow you to iterate over each item in the JSON.

4. Process the looped items: Within the loop, you can perform the desired actions or trigger subsequent steps for each item in the JSON. Use the looped item as a variable in subsequent steps to access its specific data and perform any necessary operations.