Question

Help with Zapier PATCH webhook code to update Live Item on Webflow

• 8 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi there, 

Any way someone could help me figure out if I’m doing something wrong with this code that updates a multi-reference field in Zapier? 

I keep getting this error and I doubled checked all my values and ID keys were correct. Just wondering if I typed out the code incorrectly somewhere.

The app returned "ValidationError: Validation Failure"

I’ve read this similar thread and tried removing the brackets but am still having the issue.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nick Platt 

Good question.

Try removing the “” included in the mapped variable value.

Hi @Nick Platt 

Good question.

Try removing the “” included in the mapped variable value.

Hey @Troy Tessalone

I just tried and get an error that reads “The app returned "ValidationError: Invalid request body". 

Most of the tutorials I’ve listened to online say you have to have a multi-reference field wrapped in quote marks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Platt

Webflow API docs for the endpoint: https://developers.webflow.com/reference/patch-item

Make sure there is no line break for your Authorization Header.

Try changing the “Authorization” to “authorization” all lowercase.

Try changing “Content-Type” to “content-type” all lowercase.

Try changing accept value from “1.0.0” to “application/json”.

Hey @Troy Tessalone

I tried all 4 suggestions and still getting the same error :(

Any other suggestions? It’s bizarre right because I was looking at the same documentation from multiple tutorials that all have this same setup. I’ve been checking and rechecking everything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Platt 

Per the Webflow API docs these fields are required.

You can use the Webflow API docs to help you construct the API request format.

Webflow API docs for the endpoint: https://developers.webflow.com/reference/patch-item

Hey @Troy Tessalone

I’m a no-coder (trying to learn though!). I’ve been mostly watching tutorials that have gotten me to this code point. Is there anyway to help me understand what you’re saying and what it means for the code I have set up? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Platt 

Best to reference the Webflow API docs for the endpoint: https://developers.webflow.com/reference/patch-item

Your screenshot shows.

API docs show these parameters/values are required within the field object.
Looks like you are only using a custom field for “teammates”, but there are 4 other required parameters/values.

Hey @Troy Tessalone

I’ve racked my head around this and can’t get anywhere. Can you help me figure out how I write this out into Zapier? 

For the Archived and Draft section I simply am using the end URL ?live=true 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Platt 

As specified by the Webflow API docs, the valid values for these fields are:

• true
  • false