Question

Having issues with POST command in webhooks directed at Alpine IQ

Hi. I am a total newbie but managed to get the GET side of a Webhooks from Go High Level set (upon form submission). For the POST side, I keep getting errors saying the API is invalid. I used the Authorization: Bearer {API KEY} part in the header, but really not sure what to do

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cmehlman34 

For us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.

Now I’m getting the following error. See attached screenshots

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

Can you link to the app API endpoint documentation you reference to configure the Zap step?

https://lab.alpineiq.com/swagger?_gl=1*1yztqox*_ga*ODE4Nzg5MjU0LjE3MDMyNTU3MTk.*_ga_PPKJCEKLT1*MTcxMzI5ODM2NS4yNTEuMS4xNzEzMzAwNDMzLjAuMC4w*_ga_YSHZ2SFBEM*MTcxMzI5ODM2NS4yNTEuMS4xNzEzMzAwNDMzLjEzLjAuMA..#/contact/post_api_v2_loyalty

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

The API endpoint you linked to does not expect a path paramater. (e.g. /3046)

Can you clarify what you are trying to do with that value?

I’m not sure, but I do get the same error even without it

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

Make sure to add a Header, where left/right side inputs are separated by the :

Content-Type:application/json

OK. I added the colon and that piece, but got this error 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Headers are configured to have context about the error.

See attached 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

Remove the colons :

still this issue...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

Can you post screenshots with how the current Zap step is configured so we have updated context?

Another option is to use this Zap action: Webhooks - Custom Request (POST)

Then for the Body use the JSON provided in the API docs.

here is the updated stuff. If I use the custom version, can I just copy and paste that and update the fields for name, etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

From the API docs, you are missing a required standard field: favoriteStore

still get the same error when I add that

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

Also, this Header likely isn’t doing anything or having a negative impact as it’s not listed in the API docs for the endpoint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

You may want to try reaching out to the app’s Support for help with their API.

ok. Thanks! I did reach out to them. They stated they don’t help with API stuff haha. I appreciate the help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmehlman34 

It’s likely something little, and can take some trial and error to identify what is causing the error.

Duplicate the Zap step and try the Custom Request with the JSON Body format.

If you need help, there’s a directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts