Question

Google Vertex AI - API Request (Beta) - Has anyone got this to work?

• 19 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi

I’m writing a number of integrations to take images of handwritten text and use Google Vertex AI to OCR them into text. I will then pass these to the Vertex AI Summary API to summarise the notes.

I’ve moved back to Zapier from Make and Notion after spending time working on a Make / Notion solution that ultimately I had to ditch because of Notion limitations.

Anyway, I have written the zaps to take tagged notes in Evernote and send them to Google Vertex AI or OpenAI for summary. And I would now like to to setup sending images of handwriting to Vertex AI for OCR.

I’m using the API Request (beta) option to call the image:annotate endpoint to scan for text in a document, and I’ve tried to use this endpoint in Make too and hit issues with permissions there. I wonder if they’re linked?

In Zapier I’m getting an error when I test the step where I send a request to the API:

Raw request failed. Problem executing your request: Cloud Vision API has not been used in project 97547209977 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/vision.googleapis.com/overview?project=97547209977 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.

My Google Cloud project has Google Vertex AI and Google Vision enabled, plus all the scopes available are set as well (I know, this is just for troubleshooting).

Has anyone got the endpoint or API Request (beta) action to work ever?

Thanks

Stuart

0 replies

Be the first to reply!