Question

Get Sharepoint folder URL

• 2 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

I’ve created a zap, which connects my HubSpot CRM with MS Teams. Zapier looks for changes when a customer deal is moved into a specific stage. When this happens it creates a new sharepoint folder and copies information from the HubSšpt deal into a new MS Teams channel post in a dedicated channel. I’m trying to have a sharepoint folder link included in this post for conveneince, but I’m having a hard time configuring the URL, because it seems the URL is parsed in the background and the data fields that are generated do not allow me to concatenate them into a clickable URL.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SnakeySnake 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Hi Troy,

thank you for following up! Below is my screenshot:

Zapp configuration

So I’ve tested some of the data fields to concatenate an URL but it seems some thing happen in the background and I’m not able to capture the URL parts to put together a clickable URL. I’d be happy to hear if I’m missing somietinhg.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SnakeySnake 

Can you provide an example of the SharePoint URL you are trying to use?

Sorry, I need the URL to the folder created in the step 3 and include the URL in the Teams post. Not sure if this is the URL you had in mind? Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SnakeySnake 

We would need to see an example of the URL that step 3 would create to have context.

Sorry for a delay, below is an example of a URL leading to an online folder. I have annonymized it with GPT:

https://[sharepoint-site].sharepoint.com/sites/[site-name]/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsites%2F[site-name]%2FShared%20Documents%2F[folder-name]&FolderCTID=[CTID-value]

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SnakeySnake 

If the URL you want has a standardized structure, then you can create the link by using a combo of static and dynamic values.

e.g. [CTID-value] would be replaced with a variable mapped from a previous Zap step.

&FolderCTID=[CTID-value]

Hi all,

I’ve created a zap, which connects my HubSpot CRM with MS Teams. Zapier looks for changes when a customer deal is moved into a specific stage. When this happens it creates a new sharepoint folder and copies information from the HubSšpt deal into a new MS Teams channel post in a dedicated channel. I’m trying to have a sharepoint folder link included in this post for conveneince, but I’m having a hard time configuring the URL, because it seems the URL is parsed in the background and the data fields that are generated do not allow me to concatenate them into a clickable URL.

Once you have the SharePoint folder URL, you may need to format it properly to ensure it is clickable within the Microsoft Teams channel post. The URL should be enclosed within angle brackets (< >) to indicate to Teams that it's a clickable link.