Question

Formatter and CSV import not outputting correctly

• 29 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I am having an issue with my CSV file I am trying to import into webhook.  

When I use formatted to read my file, it seems to output correctly however, when I try and use the output, it is incorrect.

see below:

I have approx 3 heading (code, name, points) and each row under that represents a different person e.g:

1. 12345,Jane Doe, 50
  2. 16535, Sam Test, 100
  3. 17546, John Doe, 4000

when I look at the output of my test, each row seems to be looking correct.

code-12345

name- Jane Doe

points- 50

Code-16535

name- Sam Test

points-100

code- 17546

name- John Doe 

points- 4000

unfortunately though, when I go and  

use that information in other apps (such as webhook, it seems to be grouping the columns together in one string. Eg:

Code: 12345,16535,17546

Name: Jane Doe, Sam Test, John Doe

With this, it’s causing an error as it’s not importing the single item. Also, I tried importing into a database to confirm how it would import into, say, a spreadsheet and it imports the entire string

I have tried each of the settings in formatter, tried to play around with the format of the spreadsheet etc  but nothing 

Wondering if anyone has a solution OR even if there is a way for Zapier to read a file, csv or text without having to use formatter

Thanks in advance

Jordan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jordy1234 

The output will always show as a comma separated string, but this doesn't mean it is not a Line Item. The question here is, does the Webhook accept line items ? And if it does, what is the formate of said line items? 

This step would be used with Quickbooks integration (for example) in the fields that accepts line items.