Question

Find Contact in Hubspot based on Webhook from Dripify using Webhooks by Zapier

• 15 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to update a contact in Hubspot based on a webhook from Dripify.

The flow I’m trying to set up: Contact replies in Dripify → Creates/updates contact in Hubspot → Adds contact to a workflow in HubSpot.

The issue I’m seeing is with passing the right info into Hubspot. I’ve set it up so a contact replies and I see a contact creation, and they get added to the Hubspot workflow. However, the contact record in Hubspot is completely blank (no name, email, or anything) because the information is not getting properly passed from Dripify.

I’m using Find Contact in Hubspot but I have no idea what to put in the first search property value or the create values. The most important information I want to be able to pass is the first and last name, email, and company name. I need at the least a last name to identify the person who responded via Dripify.

3 replies

Right now I’m using the text formatter to try and set a default value in the case that there’s not an email available. Having an email available seems to be a pre-requisite for adding the contact to the Hubspot workflow...

The biggest pain point that I’m trying to solve is getting the right data about a contact into Hubspot when that contact is created. I think the issue is with my search and create values at the “Find Contact in Hubspot” step.

I think I figured out how to format the data so that the string is split with info coming in from the webhook (first name, last name, etc.)

But I’m seeing this error