Question

Failed to create a customer in Housecall Pro

I have connected WordPress website form from webhook to housecall pro with the help of Zapier. Forminator form has some fields which are all required like name, email, phone, subject etc.
Website Form created with Forminator form
When I insert the data of the same fields of Forminator in Housecall Pro, I get the error "Failed to create a customer in Housecall Pro - The app returned ‘Email must be a single, valid email address’." in the fields of Housecall Pro.
The only display name field shows required in the fields of Housecall Pro. In which there is no error on inserting data.
When I enter the data of all the fields of the form in the name field of Housecall Pro, then no error comes.

I have to insert the data of the form separately in the Customer column of Housecall Pro.
What do I have to do for this?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @55tekay ,

The reason of the error is that the email id has to be in the correct format. For Eg test@test.com. In 2nd screenshot that you have shared, the email value is Email Address which is not correct format. (Screenshot Attached)

If you skip Email Value than the Zap will work. If you want to test with email value than make sure the email value is in correct format.

I have filed only the email field that is collected from the website webhook for the email column of Housecall Pro.
what's wrong with that. and please guide me what should i do to fix it
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @55tekay ,

You have mapped correct field but the value in this field is not in correct format. The value has to be an email but if you check below screenshot it is in some text format. Housecall Pro is expecting an email address and not text in place of Email value.

Hi @55tekay ,

You have mapped correct field but the value in this field is not in correct format. The value has to be an email but if you check below screenshot it is in some text format. Housecall Pro is expecting an email address and not text in place of Email value.

When I insert all the data of the fields of the form only in the name field, then the value gets inserted and there is no error in the test action.
And on submission of the form of the website the data gets inserted in the display name field in Houseacle Pro.
all fields value in First name fields (Required)
Test action successful 

Form Test submission value in Display Name
But I want this data to be inserted in different columns of the customer.
Can you explain to me how should I enter the data from all the fields of the form into the fields of Housecall Pro.
And can you show me an example?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@55tekay 

The issue may be with how your Webhook is configured in WordPress.

Can you post screenshots with how that is configured?

Webhook configuration is activated and the data of WordPress form is also being transferred to Housecall Pro.

But keep in mind that all this data is transferred only from the name field. 
An error occurs when WordPress email field data is entered into the email field of Housecall Pro.

You can see all my replies and screenshots attached above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@55tekay 

Based on the screenshots something seems amiss with how the data is being sent to the webhook by Forminator.

You may want to try reaching out to Forminator Support.

I now tried to connect to the Elementor form. Same error is coming again for email data. I don't think there is anything wrong with Forminator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@55tekay

Did you test the form with a real email address?

Can you show all the fields returned in the Zap trigger?

I have transferred all the data in the name only field. And on submitting the form from the website, the data of all the fields of the form is stored in the name field of Housecall Pro.

Here, when transferring data to any other field, an error occurs, which I have shown in the above screenshot.

You can check all the screenshots above. And from the details you can know what issue I am facing.