Question

Error Logging

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I’m fairly new to Zapier.  I’ve started working with a company that are generating Leads from FB into a custom CRM 

So I’m using the FB Lead as the trigger

Zap Webhook to Post the data

It works 85% of the time until I get an error back from the endpoint 422 Invalid Data.  I suspect this to be down to data validation their end.

I’m not looking to sort out the endpoint as they are already working on it.  But in the meantime I’d like to send the errors to a table along with the payload.  This way I can share the table with the client and they can grab the leads while they’re hot!

I also want to log all the errors in the table as there are a few timeout and server down errors too, which again I can capture the payload and pass onto the client.

At present all I can see is the Zap Manager addon, but that only seems to send a message saying there is an error.  I don’t want to log in and filter errors and then download reports, sort through them and clean the data to send on.  By that point leads will be lukewarm or cold.  I want to see the error code, error message, then the date/time and finally the payload.

Any ideas??

Kind Regards

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TeeGee 

Good question.

Why not do this…

Send all leads to a table. (e.g. Airtable)

As well, try to POST all leads to the API endpoint.

Perhaps update with success/failure or error details.

If you use a Code step to do the POST, then you can add logic to handle the response, which could also handle errors.

From there you can log the desired details to the table.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace