Question

Dynamic fields in GET Webhook

• 13 May 2024
  • 4 replies

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Hello!

I am trying to achieve a zap flow that checks if a contact exists in a CRM system and if True → send an email with the CRM profile URL (that is based on the candidate ID). 

I’ve created a custom request in Webhooks by Zapier and a GET-request, but unfortunately the CRM system we are working with sends the JSON as follows (se screenshot 1). This means that I cannot use dynamic fields for the candidate ID, as these are generated as unique fields (“Data 8032517 Candidate ID” for a candidate with the Candidate id ‘8032517’ for example). Is there any way to just use the root as a dynamic field (“8032517” in this case)? Or any other solutions that come to mind?

Currently I can only choose between the following (see screenshot 2)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @J.Brandt!

Isn’t that what’s being returned in the highlighted area below?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@J.Brandt I think I get what you mean (after reading a few times), basically what you are saying is that from your CRM system, the field name is not constant and it keeps changing so you cannot use it dynamically, e.g. the field name is “Data 8032517 Candidate ID” … “Data 8032518 Candidate ID”...“Data 8032518 Candidate ID”. Hope I understood your correctly. If your CRM is quite custom I think it requires to use a code by zapier block. Are you able to do that or would you need help with it?

@J.Brandt I think I get what you mean (after reading a few times), basically what you are saying is that from your CRM system, the field name is not constant and it keeps changing so you cannot use it dynamically, e.g. the field name is “Data 8032517 Candidate ID” … “Data 8032518 Candidate ID”...“Data 8032518 Candidate ID”. Hope I understood your correctly. If your CRM is quite custom I think it requires to use a code by zapier block. Are you able to do that or would you need help with it?

Yep, you’re totally correct. I apologize for my non-technical description! 

The CRM is a third-party solution so I can’t really affect how it’s generated. I tried to use a code by zapier block generated by Chat GPT but it didn’t work properly – could you please advise how to proceed? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Sure, if your CRM is a third-party solution (or private one), please send the documentation or anything you have via messaging, I also pinged you :)