Question

Discord Messages sent to Guilded App (Incoming Webhook)

• 12 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier

must provide either content or embeds to create webhook message (HTTP Status Code: 400)

I am trying to receive messages from Discord and post them in a channel in Guilded. I have a webhook setup in Guilded that should receive the message. I am getting the above error when trying to test the action. I have checked the json in a checker and the format is valid. The trigger is when a new message is posted within the Discord channel. I’m not sure what information I may be missing that is preventing it from working.

-----------------------------------------

I entered the URL
Selected JSON as payload

Valid JSON format in right column of “data” section
No Wrap (tried yes as well)

No File

Yes Unflatten

Basic Auth (I entered my Guilded credentials here?)
No header in left or right columns
--------------------------------------------

Any help is much appreciated.

Also would love to have Guilded added to your list of applications. It is essentially a better version of Discord used for larger gaming groups.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Skjotr, welcome to the Community!

We’ve got Guilded on our internal wishlist of apps for us to add to Zapier so I’ve submitted your vote for that to be added. I can’t promise when/if it’ll get added by us (typically the app’s own developers would build an integration with us) but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it becomes available!

In the meantime, I suspect the issue may lie with the Basic Auth section. Judging by Guilded’s API docs it looks like you’d need leave that section blank and instead, put an Authorization header in with the word Bearer followed by your own bot access token. For example:
b9d9691efa0dbaad3939e7744dda6674.png
Can you give that a try and see if that helps?