Question

Custom API request periodically

• 31 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I have an API I’m using (SocialBlade). Long story short, I want to be able to pull the information through the API periodically. I have a google sheet which I have a list of social handles and I want to pull the followers for every handle through the API and update either the same sheet or a different sheet. I also want a way to be able to refresh the data every so often. Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Zheale!

It sounds like you should be able to do something like the following:

Trigger: Schedule by Zapier (choose the frequency you’d like)
Action: Google Sheets — Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items)
Here, you would make sure that each row in the sheet contains some value that you’re able to search by, to return all of them.
Action: Looping by Zapier
Use the line items from the Google Sheets step, to loop through each row.
    Action: Webhooks by Zapier (to get the data you need)
    Action: Google Sheets — Update Spreadsheet Row

Of course, in practice this will be much more involved. I happen to have a free Social Blade account so I was able to find the API documentation.

Here’s the general idea of how to take the cURL command they provide and “translate” that to Webhooks by Zapier:

If this is your first time trying to do something like this, you may want to seek out the assistance of a Certified Zapier Expert :)