Question

Creating QuickBooks Purchase Orders from Kissflow Digital - Create products/services that do not exist

• 3 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’m new here and not a programmer. I cant seem to find much articles/help on creating Purchase Orders with QuickBooks Online (QBO), via webhooks from Kissflow Digital Workplace.

I’m halfway through testing and setting up my zap, with the assumption that vendor, customer and all products/services perfectly match with QBO records.

To improve the zaps reliability:

1. Under the step “Find Vendor in QBO”, if the vendor doesn’t exist, I’ve added a sub-process that creates a new vendor.
  2. Under the step “Find Customer in QBO”, I used the same principle, wherein if no records match, I create a new customer in QBO to avoid mismatching errors at the latter step of creating a Purchase Order.

So far I think that these are working okay. The tests come out successful for the two points above.

The problem now is in the matching of products/services, summarized into the following points:

• A perfect match cannot always be expected, especially when the item to be purchased is not yet existing under QBO records.
  • I’ve tried using “Find Product/Service under QBO”, it worked. Set it to “false” when no match occurs.
  • What happens now, when there are 10 items to be purchased and not all 10 are with matching inventory records? Is there a way to only add the missing items to QBO (Create Product/Service in QBO), without duplicating the entire list?
  • For instance, out of 10 line item products to be purchased, 6 have a match, while 4 are new items (not in QBO). The objective is to only add those 4 items that are without a match in QBO, before creating a PO.
  • Lastly, it should be noted that an error occurs when I exceed the maximum characters allocated.
  • I cant simply use the truncate formatter because having 15 line items would mean that each product to be recorded would only have about 17 characters, which is almost impossible to create a sensible record in QBO.

Is there a way to “Force Create” only the non-matching records from Kissflow and transfer them to Quickbooks Online via Zapier Webhooks?

Perhaps a formula such as IF [products from trigger] <> [products found from QBO], THEN [create those products] can be made. 

I just need more guidance on how to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you turn off the create action for the purchase orders, what is returned when only 6 out of 10 find a match? 

I believe what you are hoping to accomplish is definitely possible. It will likely require customization with either a code step or a custom integration with Quickbooks. If that is the case, I would love to help you get it figured out! I’ve built lots of custom QBO integrations very similar to this one. 

Hi,

The “Find Products in QBO” step happens right before the “Create PO" Step. What happens is, the test still results to “successful” even when only 6/10 match.

So does this mean that a successful PO will be made for those 6 items with match ?

And how do we include the 4 products that were excluded? Is there an easier work around ?

Ive added a “continue if” Filter to proceed if not all products are found (see picture)

My problem now is, how do I create ONLY those 4 products that were not found with a QBO match?

And since there was a previous PO step prior to the filter (assuming everything matches), the second time around, I still have to create a PO for the unmatched items. How will they now form part of the same PO reference number, given that a prior “Create PO Step” was already executed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Altim8 

Does your plan support Paths by Zapier? That would likely be the first step. However, no need to upgrade until we’ve got it sorted out. 

I think your situation might be best suited for a custom integration with Quickbooks or could benefit from a Code Block to help determine some of the unknowns. 

@Altim8 

Does your plan support Paths by Zapier? That would likely be the first step. However, no need to upgrade until we’ve got it sorted out. 

I think your situation might be best suited for a custom integration with Quickbooks or could benefit from a Code Block to help determine some of the unknowns. 

Hi GetUWired,

Yes, our plan supports Paths.

Most of our errors revolve around inventory matching of entries. Some new products are also created, which cause a mismatch between two systems (QuickBooks and KissFlow). There are also times when KF records have special characters, causing sync errors in QB.

Is there a proposal for this custom integration we can review? Please let us know. Thank you.