Question

Creating an API trigger from a Excel

• 28 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m looking to create a zap that I can trigger from a spreadsheet macro. I would like to code something in VBA that somehow triggers a zap through Zapier’s API. Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Jeremy T! Thanks for reaching out in the community!

I took a peek and can see you were able to reach some of my friends in support - which is perfect. They did have a few clarifying questions that hopefully will give some more context - essentially asking for some additional details in the form of "When this happens in Excel, do that in [blank] app." 🙂

In the meantime, given their recommendation I’ve also moved your question to our code and webhooks forum to get some more technical eyes on your question! 

Badge

Hello, did you find a solution for this? I’m trying to do exactly the same thing. I would like a user to be able to click a button in an xlsm excel file which triggers a zap to send an email. An excel macro can send an email directly, but I don’t want the macro to contain my gmail address + app password, so I want it to trigger a zap instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @clearspark and @Jeremy T 

If you are using Airtable, check out this topic: