Question

Create a Transfer in QBO between two accounts

• 9 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Trying to figure out how to have Zapier create a Transfer in QBO.  We have weekly payouts from Stripe and would like that to trigger a transfer for the exact amount of Payout from our Stripe Bank (clearing) account in QBO to our checking account in QBO (where the cash of the Stripe Payout will be sent).

I don’t see a way to create a transfer in QBO within Zapier.  Any workarounds???

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @cetanorak 

Zapier doesn’t have native QuickBooks integrations for transferring funds, but you can use Webhook by Zapier or Code by Zapier to start a transfer in your quickbooks account.

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/transfer

Thanks for ther replay. 

I see that Intuit’s API wants variables in the JSON object for Account.Name and Account.ID in the POST request for both the Transfer From account and Transfer To account.  Any idea where to find the ID of each Quickbook Account?  I’m assuming that the Account.Name is simply the name of the account in Chart of Accounts but I’m unsure of what formatting would be for an account named “Stripe Bank Account”.  In the JSON object should it be an identical String?

Also, do I need to have a developer account with Intuit?  I’m not sure how to properly authenticate these HTTP POST requests from Zapier webhooks to QBO.