Best answer

Convert XML to Json or other format to parse into Google sheet

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

How can I convert this xml feed below into json or another format to easily parse to a google sheet?

https://backend.fr.kampajobs.ch/sites/default/files/exports/job_export.xml

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 July 2023, 15:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Brian Moran 👋

Interesting question! We have a few file conversion types of apps on Zapier (in the File Management & Storage category here) but I don’t know whether they would specifically be able to convert the XML into JSON or something like a CSV file perhaps. 

I’ve not tested this out but I expect your best best might be to try using a Code by Zapier action to convert the XML file. I can’t give you the exact code you’d need, but we do have a Generate with AI feature which you could use to help write the necessary code if you need assistance on that front. You’d first need to join Zapier’s Early Access program in order to access that feature (while it’s in beta). And you can find how more about how to use it here: Generate a Code step using AI (Beta)

Alternatively, if you can find a file conversion app that can do it that isn’t on Zapier but has a API available, you could send the file to that app using a Webhooks by Zapier action to perform the conversion. You can find out more about how to set up that type of action here: Send webhooks in Zaps

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction. Please do keep us updated with how you get on with this! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @SamB appreciate the help! I’ll play around with the code step. Have done so earlier but was unsuccessful.

Will most likely try the webhook option

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brian Moran 

Try this Zap action: ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone!