Best answer

Connecting Multiple API Keys With Zapier

• 29 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Can more than one API key be added to a Zapier account?

The reason I ask is I’m planning on offering automation services to clients using Zapier and one of the things I want to offer is to integrate their ChatGPT account with apps like Slack.

I just read this article which states that if I am going to connect AI tools with Zapier then I’ll need to enter an API key to authenticate the account.

https://zapier.com/blog/use-ai-with-zapier/

So in this case, the client would have their own OpenAI/ChatGPT account that I would get the API key to use for authentication purposes.

So, I plan on having private folders for each client that contain their respective zaps under my Zapier account.  Could I create zaps in different client folders that would include integrating ChatGPT into a Zap and Zapier would be able to authenticate each one with their designated API key?

Or does my Zapier account only connect to one API key at a time?

In other words, would the client would need their own Zapier account for this to work for them if they want to integrate ChatGPT or OpenAI into Slack or whatever message platform they use?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 August 2023, 17:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CoCo Kelly 

Good question.

That may be against the Zapier Terms of Service (TOS): https://zapier.com/tos

(E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CoCo Kelly

Your clients should have their own Zapier account.

You would configure their Zaps for them in their Zapier account.

That way they maintain control of their Zaps and apps.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for clarifying this.