Question

Connect Airtable without API

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible for Zapier to pull data from a public Airtable link instead of an API?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @daveaudio!

Do you know if it’s possible to pull data from Airtable using a webhook and the public link? That’s the only way that I could think you could do this. I had a quick google and I can’t find information on using webhooks to poll information from Airtable (without using the API) so I’m not sure that this is possible. Am I right in thinking that you need to use the public link and not the API because the table isn’t in an account that you own? I’m just wondering if there’s another way around things. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Am I right in thinking that you need to use the public link and not the API because the table isn’t in an account that you own?

Yes, exactly right! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I did some digging and it’s not possible to call data from an Airtable without using the API. It makes sense from a security standpoint, you wouldn’t want to allow anyone to call the data in your table and Airtable need to be able to see/control the amount of data requests that happen so their servers aren’t overloaded. 

One thing that you can do to send/receive data without the API is to add a webhook into the table. This article describes how to use Scripts in automations to send a webhook that a Zap can pick up: 

So, if you don’t own the table, but you can make/request changes to it, you could work with them to add the script that you need to send the webhook. 

​I hope that helps!