Question

Confused with Query String for Send request to Webhooks by Zapier

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to use the “Send request to Webhooks by Zapier” feature and I don’t fully understand how to obtain the specific query string value for output location.

End Goal:

Import text data from zap into a newly coded field in my website.

My specific example- fill out a form, the data passes through openai via zapier, and then populates openai response on my website into output window. 

Does anyone have insight into this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CPaul 

Good question.

Perhaps you can provide screenshots with where you are expecting the results to be displayed.

What app is being used to display the output?

Screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured can help provide us with context.

You may be describing front-end scripting, which would be different than using Zaps.

Zaps are for app-to-app (aka backend) data transfer.

The current zap I’m working on 

the location I want the window is below (this is being built via carrd.co). I want the data to output below the submit button where it says “No Code”

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPaul 

You’d have to use front-end scripting (e.g. JavaScript) to interact with the OpenAI API and return that data to the no-code section.

You may be describing front-end scripting, which would be different than using Zaps.

Zaps are for app-to-app (aka backend) data transfer.