Question

Catch Hooks in Wix's Webhooks

• 30 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 
I am trying to integrate Wix and Zoho Inventory using Zapier. 
Wix’s Automation doesn’t provide enough detail to match Zoho Inventory’s API, so I switched to using Catch Hooks in Webhooks by Zapier to catch data from Wix’s Webhook. 
I put the Webhook URL(created by Zapier) in Wix’s Webhook. I tested the trigger and Zapier couldn’t catch any data but this: “querystring:”

Is it because they use different types of language? If so, is there a workaround this?
Or is it a different kind of problem?

Please let me know what you think! Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Aiden,

I would recommend using Wix’s Zapier Integration code package, which allows you to have complete control of the information that is sent to Zapier. I’m recommending this assuming that you have some familiarity with and ability to write code.

To install the package, open the Wix Editor, click on “Dev Mode” in the top navigation, then on the box icon (“Code Packages”), hover over “Packages” and click on the 3 dots that appear and select “Install a Package”. Search for “@velo/zapier-integration” and then on “Install”.

This will create a backend .js file with a postToZapier function you can utilize to send whatever info you need to your Zapier account.

I’ve been using this for about a year and a half on my Wix site and it works perfectly.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for such a great solution. Sadly, I have yet to become familiar with coding. Can I do it with deep research into code? I think the hard part is coding parameters, correct?
Would you happen to have any documentation that can help me with the coding?

Thank you for your consideration

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aiden,

The Wix Velo zapier-integration package comes with a terrific readme file that explains everything you need to know and do :)

And while you shouldn’t necessarily need it for this if you follow that readme file, you can also take a peek at Wix’s Velo API at https://www.wix.com/velo/reference/api-overview. Velo is a special coding language similar to Javascript, but built just for Wix that interfaces with all of Wix’s elements.