Question

Catch hook in webhooks by zapier

• 20 July 2023
  • 9 replies

First time trying to use zapier. I am trying to go from Linkedin Helper to ZOHO CRM. When I am configuring the zap the last name field in zoho is required. When I click on the field it shows me the option Catch hook in webhooks by zapier, however it is grayed out so I can’t select it. I am on the started plan. Any help would be appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tsutherland 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context about the issue you are having?

You need to have data sent to the Zap webhook before you can configure the Zap action steps.

Please see attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tsutherland 

You need to have data sent to the Zap webhook before you can configure the Zap action steps.

When I pasted the link into Linkedin Helper the zap said it found a record and asked if I wanted to pull it in which I said yes. Then it took me to action module and let me pick the module and layout which are required, however the last field that it says is required is the last name. That where the only thing it shows is Catch hook in webhooks by zapier which grayed out and can’t be selected. 

I have green checkmarks next to the trigger module, app & event module and account module. Is there another step or is it simply because ZOHO CRm requires the last name field? Zoho was no help as they said they didn’t know anything about Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tsutherland 

We will need to see screenshots with how the zap trigger step is configured along with the data returned for the samples that have been pulled in.

Please see attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tsutherland 

The PDF doesn’t show the Zap trigger step or the data returned from testing the Zap trigger step.

We will need to see screenshots with how the zap trigger step is configured along with the data returned for the samples that have been pulled in.

Sorry about that. Attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tsutherland