Best answer

Capture form data and send it in an email to MailChimp subscribers (audience/segment/group)?

Hi,

Brand new here. Looking at the Starter and Professional plans since I think I would need to use Webhooks.

Before I dig deeper, I'd like to know if the following scenario for a zap (or collection of zaps) is possible:

• A website member submits data in a form
  • Zapier captures that data
  • An email is then sent to my MailChimp subscribers with the contents of the captured form data.
    • Ideally, the MailChimp subscribers can be isolated based on audience, segment or group.

---

Just from playing about with the integrations, triggers and actions, I’m looking at these options but I think they won’t complete the full process…

1. Webhooks by Zapier > Catch Hook (this will catch custom POST data from a form on my website)
  2. Mailchimp > Lookup specific audience/segment/group
  3. Send email to email addresses from specific audience/segment/group (using MailChimp, Gmail, or Email by Zapier)

Another option could be:

1. Webhooks by Zapier > Catch Hook (this will catch custom POST data from a form on my website)
  2. Send outbound email > to "distribution list" email address for MailChimp audience/segment/group (if this is even possible - not sure MailChimp have this but if they do, it’s easy I guess!).

Thanks for any help!

Nic

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 June 2022, 15:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Nic!

This sounds very doable 😊

You would need to use the Create Campaign action (which creates a campaign draft) and then the Send Campaign action (which will send the draft). 

For selecting the audience/segment, the Create Campaign action allows you to choose the Audience (list) and segment that you want to send the email to. 

If you’d like some help figuring out how to tell the Zap which audience or segment to use, could you share what the data coming in through the webhook is and how that needs to match with the audience? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Nicola Robertson! I wanted to drop by and see if you were still needing assistance with this?

It sounds like Danvers has some awesome recommendations for you and it looks like you were also chatting with our support team! Keep us posted on your success - we’d love to know how you’re getting along. 🤗