Best answer

Cant' get past an error code in Zapier | Error while retrieving...malformed

• 1 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We are using a webhook to add first name, last name, email and phone number to HubSpot as a user works their way through an online assessment built into some software called LeadsHook. So when the form is filled in, the details are zapped over.

When I tested this zap, I can get the data to populate if it was a first name, last name and email. As soon as the phone number is added to the form, the zap breaks and the error code below appears. I can see this when I test the trigger and look for a new request: 

Error while retrieving: Results list ["{\n \"First Name\":\"Test7\",\n \"Last Name\":\"Testy7\",\n \"Email\":\"testy777@gmail.com\",\n is malformed. A results list must hold children that are objects like [{key: value}]. We found "{\n \"First Name\":\"Test7\",\n \"Last Name\":\"Testy7\",\n \"Email\":\"testy777@gmail.com\",\n though.

The data that gets sent over from Leadshook looks like this:

{  

"First Name":"{first_name}”,  

"Last Name":"{last_name}”,  

"Email":"{email}”,  

"Phone":"{phone_number}”,

}

When I test this in leadshook I get the correct data allocated to each field, so It has to be something at Zapier’s end I'm missing!

If I remove the phone number line, the zap can pick it up.

Any help appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 February 2023, 16:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rogan2442 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error message, thanks.

Unsure if this is related, but there should be no trailing comma after the last parameter in the object, in this case after Phone.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy, 

The removal of the comma fixed it!