Question

Cannot get fields to properly map from Arive to Shape CRM

• 23 December 2023
  • 7 replies

I’ve got my Zap setup between Arive and Shape CRM to create a new user in Shape when a new loan is created in Arive.  Simple.  All fields are mapped correcrly, and confirmed correct with Shape support.  However, alll data fields except for the required fields (first name, last, email, phone) do not get mapped to the correct field in Shape, they all get written in the notes section. (their documentation states if fields are not mapped the default is the notes section.)  Shape support states “ we tested with the same set up you have in Zapier in a sandbox environment and everything is coming through without issue with the same mappings and fields that you have provided.”  Does anyone have any suggestions what possibly could be going on??  Appreciate any help.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jeffp13 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured to have context.

Note: I rewrote the Zap and removed all non-required fields except for loan amount and status to try and get those two additional fields to properly map to Shape.  They still do not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jeffp13 

We would need to see more screenshots that show the other fields configured in the Zap step.

Method

URL

Headers

And link to the API endpoint docs that you are using to configure the Zap step.

Hi @Troy Tessalone Thanks for the response.  Here is the link to the support docs.  The video walks through creating the zap.  I’ve also attached the referenced field mapping file. https://setshape.com/support-guides/arive-shape-software-los-integration  Please let me know how else I can assist in the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jeffp13 

Headers need to be set.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for the response and continued efforts to help.  Unfortunately that didn’t work.  Per ShapeCRM with form payload this zap does not require headers.  I did try though and got the same results.  Putting the Zap that creates a record aside and trying to update the record instead with the same data, I still end up with no data updating on Shape side.  In this example I am only trying to update the record status and Loan Amount.  The status does update property, but not the loan amount.  I’m at a loss, Shape and Zapier apparently have a call set up tomorrow to dicuss.  Any insights you can provide would be most helpful and appreciated.