Question

Call a webhook and return data from Airtable

• 4 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to set up a flow and I am not sure how it would work. 

I am calling a webhook and passing some query parameters to Zapier. Zapier catches the hook, and uses the data to search for a record in Airtable, all works well...BUT, I want to the response of the webhook call to return the record it found in Air table. Anyone ever do anything like this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thatkidrich 

Good question.

You cannot configure the webhook response: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496052379917

Why Is It Always 200 or Success Status?
Can I customize the response?

For High Availability and High Throughput reasons - we always return a success message with a payload of debugging information when collecting a webhook - regardless of whether there is a Zap behind the webhook or if it is paused or not.
The only way to know if a URL is live is to visit the editor and look at the URL (which never changes for a Zap).
There is no way to customize the response to the request you send to the Catch Hook URL, as the response is sent before the Zap triggers and runs on the webhook request.