Best answer

Are webhooks triggered/sent immediately?

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello,

I do have a main Zap that will be triggered by a new WooCommerce order. At the end of the Zap there is a Path A and B. Bot sent/post webhooks depending on different parameters. 

Those webhooks will also trigger Sub-Zaps with further steps. 

I am having now an issue with these main Zap/sub Zaps. The main Zap will not instantly triggered by the new WooCommerce order. It will take about 10 minutes to start the main Zap. 

Is there a kind of limitation with the zaps? Will the be sent/catched instantly or every 10 minutes or something like that?

Thanks for help

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 February 2023, 20:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michael291 

Good question.

Zap triggers that are marked as instant rely on webhooks and should trigger in real-time.

I’ve seen certain apps that appear to have a delay in triggering their webhooks.

Apps at times can have backups in processing their webhooks queue.

If the issue persists, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks @Troy Tessalone for the details.

The problem is that the delay will cause problems with other Zaps due to a timeout (when the previous data isn’t available because of the delay and it cannot be used for other Zaps). 

But I will have a look at it, when the problem occurs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291 

If Zaps need to trigger in a specific order then you can chain Zaps together with Webhooks:

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Troy Tessalone Thanks, I checked this page already and wanted to edit/change the Zaps chain Zaps with Webhooks