Skip to main content
Best answer

Action Buttons in Emails - HTML pages

• 13 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I know a version of this question has been asked already, but please humor me, as I try to take another angle.

GOAL: After a meeting has ended (Cal.com) an html-coded email is sent to the user giving them the choice to move that user’s data from one platform to the next. 

THE CHALLENGE: That email is coded in html, which has javascript that connects back to Zapier using webhooks. However as we know, and as I now know, email clients disable Javascript for security reasons.

STUCK: Because these email are unique for each meeting and because I can’t use an email to run the Javascript, I figured that I would need to create an html file /webpage that I can link to in the email, such that once that html page is rendered, or opened, the javascript executes. I can successfully create the html file with Files by Zapier. 

ACTUAL QUESTION: Does anyone know where (any Zapier-supported services)  I can upload that file to such that I can get a URL that renders on the web and that can be linked to? Or does anyone have any ideas for how I can create a webpage from within a Zap that I can get a link to, to make this work?

IDEAS:

1. I have potentially have access to Sharepoint. Can I push a file or webpage to Sharepoint? I’d have to request access from an admin, so this not my preferred route.
  2. Can I create a “dummy” Wordpress account that serves noindex webpages?

Thank you for any ideas that you can share. Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well I guess I needed the silence to figure this out. 🤣

1. Get a hosting solution that gives you access to FTP. You may have to pay for this step. I’m sure there’s a tutorial out there to create a free domain using AWS, so that might be an angle to take.

2. Use EasyFTP to transfer the files with the html and js baked in.
    1. Use user credentials that only provide download permissions for security and safety.
  3. Get a link to file and embed it in the sent email.

I’ll leave this here for posterity too.