Best answer

Trying to create a zap from JotForm to Quickbooks Online

• 28 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi-I'm new to Zapier but very excited about the opportunity it holds. I'm trying to take a new form submission from JotForm and automatically create an invoice in Quickbooks Online. I did upgrade to the "paid" Zapier because Quickbooks is a premium app. Keep running into snags.

Does anybody have experience with this? Thank you for your time.

icon

Best answer by LauraP 5 March 2020, 17:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @KeyLewy

Welcome!

Can you explain what issues you're seeing? If possible, please send some screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KeyLewy! I'm sorry that you're having some trouble with your Zap - QuickBooks can be tricky because it needs information to be in a very specific format. As @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu said, if you can explain a bit more about what you're seeing, (are you getting an error message for example) and possibly share a screenshot, that would be super helpful!

Userlevel 2

test.jpgThank you AndrewJDavison_luhhu and for your response. It is when I'm trying to "customize invoice" and run a test I get the attached message. I'm sure fields in both apps. have to match I'm just trying to work thru step by step. Any advice you have on this would be more then welcome.

Userlevel 2

Hi Danvers and thank you for your response. Ok since I have read your post I have tried to make my JotForm information pair up with my QB information. The steps I need after a JotForm is created I need QBO to 1. Find an existing customer in QBO 2. Create a new invoice in QB with customer information and use information in JotForm to pull Billing address (from QB), add Net 15=Terms, Invoice Date (can be current), we have 9 different SKU'S of product that maybe ordered through JotForm and I have made there names sync to avoid confusion. Oh and I need the total that is on JotForm moved to the total of QB invoice. I can send you link of my JotForm doc if that would help you. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KeyLewy

I think this one is going to be a little tricky to solve in the Community as there are lots of pieces that will need to line up. Given that, I think it's best if someone from the Support Team handles this so that they can look at your Zap and walk you through it.

I've escalated this thread to the Support queue (so you don't need to send a separate message) and one of the team will be in touch via email to help you with it as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @KeyLewy !

Just posting here the result of our email exchange for visibility of other customers!

The thing is that Jotform is not sending data as line items, and QBO needs that to be able to pick up on those products! As you mentioned, there's lots fo widgets for Jotform, so I'm hoping someone here on the forum might be able to help find one that works nicely with Zapier! :)