Question

Append Text to Google Doc

• 2 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there!

I’m in the middle of trying to figure out how I can get 2-3 different zaps to modify 1 (ONE) Google Doc.

For example, there might be a few fields that one series of zaps can help automatically fill, while another series of zaps might help me fill a few other fields.

I tried to “Append Text to Document”, at which point, I confront a field entitled, “Text To Append”, and I just don’t know what to do.

As such, I wanted to ask the community whether what I want to do is feasible, and if so, how would I try to tackle the “Append Text to Document” field? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @familypupz!

Based on what you’ve written, I’m thinking that it might be best to create a Google Sheet with one row being the Google Doc and then the columns being the fields that might change. then have a trigger column to say when the row has as much info as it's going to get and use that to complete the doc (either by appending all the text to the end or by using the Create document from template action).

Can you elaborate a bit on what your overall process is, and maybe that will help to clarify how all the pieces fit? Then we can look at possible solutions :)