Skip to main content

Hi

We have a few automations with gsheets. Whenever someone sorts the columns or moves rows, zaps go crazy. I have tried every such workaround

Is there anything new to overcome this? Even asking the employees to let me know when its happening, still doesnt always work. 

I was thinking, can i create a tab in the gsheet that is a simple on/off and when the cell turns to off, the zap will trigger itself to turn itself off. Is this possible? If not, is there another workaround? 

we dont use airtable or zapier tables. i even tried having zaps send to airtable or zapier tables and then zap from there, but it still duplicated and didnt do the job

Hi @danielle879235 

GSheets have a fair amount of limitations to be aware of when used in Zaps.

GSheets actively touched by humans are at high risk for breaking Zaps or causing lots of Zap Runs to fire thus wasting Tasks.

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps. (e.g. New Record in View > Zap runs)

Views can be locked to prevent editing the configured conditions.

Airtable has defined field types, which helps with data normalization/standardization/consistency.

Sounds lovely and all, but our entire operation works with gsuite (unfortunately). 

Is there a way to keep gsheets as the main data entry and have it zap to an airtable account/sheet and then zap what we really need from there?

@danielle879235 

You’ll likely encounter the same issues trying to send the data from GSheets to Airtable due to the human interference while interacting with the GSheet.