Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This article is for you if:

• You are interested in using AI 
  • Want to learn more about how you can use AI 
  • Enjoy trying new things to create cool Zaps 
  • Looking to avoid trial and error runs with Zaps

Where We Left Off

Last week, we gave ChatGPT a little challenge to help us set up a Zap for a small business owner. Here's the scoop: The owner wanted to streamline the process of collecting customer feedback by automatically saving survey responses to a spreadsheet. And, at the end of the quarter, they planned to send a thank-you email with a special discount code to their loyal customers. However, they were too busy to manually manage this process and needed some help setting up a Zap to automate the task.

So, we put ChatGPT to the test, and it worked! While there were a few hiccups along the way, we were pretty satisfied with the results. But, there was still some work left to be done. We only tackled the first part of the Zap, and now it's time to finish the job.

If you're a small business owner who's looking to automate some of your tasks, stay tuned! We'll walk you through the rest of the Zap setup so you can free up your time to focus on bigger and better things.

A Small But Cool Thing About ChatGPT 

During our experiment, we discovered a useful tip — if you ever need to go back to a previous chat, just click on the side bar and it'll take you right back to your last interaction. It's a nifty little feature that can save you time and hassle.

Getting To Work

I asked ChatGPT to use the Zap we had previously outlined and add a quarterly thank you email to my process.

Here’s what it gave me 👇

Will It Zap? 

Well, sort of. While it’s a good start, it’s certainly not the perfect or ideal setup. 

Check it out: 

Issues With The Setup

You can use any email app of your choice. Personally, I prefer Gmail. Just make sure to map your 'To' line properly to the 'Email' field column from Step 3 in your setup. Otherwise, you'll end up with a static entry that will remain consistent each time the Zap runs.

The ‘Delay’ option is a specific date, and not necessarily the end of a quarter. 

Admittedly, there is an issue with my own request. I would need to go in every 90 days to create a new sheet and adjust my Zap to connect to the newer one. To break it down further - the same email will be sent out to the same list each time the Zap runs. So, you'll need to create a new sheet and adjust your Zap every 90 days.

Now, there's one more thing that's not entirely clear - do you need to create a second 'Delay' step or make adjustments to the first? Step 11 is a bit fuzzy, but this is where being active in the Zapier Community comes in handy!

So, the big question - would I trust ChatGPT to set up my Zaps? Well, I'd say it's worth a shot! Give it a try and let us know how it goes in the comments below. Happy Zapping!

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Cool thread… I’m a chatGPT  nerd myself and have been playing around with some prompts for Zapier… the following is probably my best Zapier prompt ive built so far (starts by asking you to describe your problem and will keep asking questions until it feels it understands your problem well enough to make your Zap steps… still some glitches but does a decent job)…

“Be my Zapier Expert. I will give you an overview of the problem that I am trying to solve at work and I want you to grade how well you understand that problem im trying to solve on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being you know exactly what the problem is and exactly what Zapier steps need to be taken... come up with 4 clarification questions to try to better understand the problem each time you are run and give an upgraded grade on how well you understand the problem. Once you get to a 7 or higher ask the user if they are ready for you to list of the steps, if they say no ask 4 more questions for understanding and regrade, if they say yes make a numbered list with each App involved in the Zap workflow along with what action that app needs to preform. Start by saying "Ready for your work problem" if you understand all this”

This is my output I got after it had me clarify about 8 questions (not perfect but gives a great starting outline for your problems)

1. Trigger App: Salesforce Trigger Event: New Activity Configure the trigger to watch for new call or email activities.

2. Action App: Google Sheets Action Event: Lookup Spreadsheet Row Configure the action to look up the row in the "All Accounts" tab of your Google Sheets document using the account name.

3. Action App: Formatter by Zapier Action Event: Date/Time Configure the action to convert the date and time of the Salesforce activity to the Central Standard Time (CST) format.

4. Action App: Google Sheets Action Event: Update Spreadsheet Row Configure the action to update the "Last Modified" column in the "All Accounts" tab with the formatted date and time from step 3.

5. Action App: Google Sheets Action Event: Lookup Spreadsheet Row Configure the action to look up the row in the specific customer success rep's tab using the account name.

6. Action App: Google Sheets Action Event: Update Spreadsheet Row Configure the action to update the "Last Modified" column in the specific rep's tab with the formatted date and time from step 3. Additionally, increment the respective tally columns for calls and emails based on the activity type.

Feel free to give it a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Woozie83 Wow, I love this! One of the projects some of the Community team is working on is figuring out how to best tackle prompting. You’ve definitely given me some ideas to take to the drawing board. Great work! 😆