Question

Pdffiller

• 28 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I want to know how you can see what you are completing in pdf filler. 

When I do the set up it only gives me discriptions such as Box 1278 and text field 2033. I need to match the excel sheet (name, surname, ID etc) with the relevant section in the form. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jenharris 

I just did an integration with PandaDoc that was doing something very similar. In my case, adding preview text to the form and resubmitting another test, relabeled the information in Zapier so it was easier to map. 

Another trick that comes in handy is submitting the form with test data that makes it easy to find. ie for the first name field put FirstName, etc. Then when you are mapping the data you can search for “FirstName”. Let me know how that works for you! 

@GetUWired thank you for the reply. It doesn't seem to work but maybe I'm misunderstanding what I should do. I completed the form and don't know where to do the preview text

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My apologies. I misread your request and thought pdfFiller was the trigger step. Have you named the fields from within pdfFiller? I would try that and maybe adding default text to help identify them. Then, back in Zapier I would try refreshing the fields on the pdfFiller step. If that doesn’t work, I would try deleting that step and creating the same step again (sometimes forcing it to reconnect like that works better than just refreshing the fields)