Skip to main content

Hi there! 

If you're using Google Drive files in Zapier, start by adding a "Google Drive" step to your Zap to make the file shareable.

Use the "Add File Sharing Preference" action to ensure the file isn't locked to your account.

Next, format the download URL by inserting your file's "public" ID into the template below:

https://drive.usercontent.google.com/download?id=YOUR_GOOGLE_DRIVE_ID&export=download

Use the "Add File Sharing Preference" action to ensure the file isn't locked to your account. Be cautious about sensitive data when/if sharing files publicly, ensuring that no confidential information is exposed.

Replace YOUR_GOOGLE_DRIVE_ID with your actual file ID. This will create a direct download link for easy processing:

https://drive.usercontent.google.com/download?id=YOUR_GOOGLE_DRIVE_ID&export=download

Result:

Feel free to ask any question! 

Team PDF-app 

Hi @Kalintro,

Nice guide for easy download link for Google Drive. Thank you for contributing to our community. 

Please can you make the download file dynamic where it can be put into any url in the zap?.

Hi there @Teewana1 ! I am not quite sure if I understand you question correctly, but if you want to use a dynamic url maybee Zapier storage or variables could be used? In the beginning of your flow, set a variable which is your url and then reuse it in your zap.

Hello to the community people I’m Sanjeev Mansotra. To create a direct download link for a Google Drive file for easy processing in Zapier with a PDF app, follow these steps:

1. Get the File ID: Copy the file ID from the Google Drive link. It’s the unique string between /d/ and /view in the file's shareable link.

Example:

2. Create the Direct Download Link: Replace the file ID in the following URL format:

Example:

3. Use the Link in Zapier: You can now use this direct download link in your Zapier workflow to automatically process the file in your PDF app.

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for all the contributions with this issue.