Eliminating blank lines using Formatter

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have found some questions regarding this topic, but no suitable answer, so I came up with a workaround/solution.

Using the format step from Zapier, I added a “- “ before every line, so I could use the “Replace” method inside the “Format” step to delete blank rows:

Replace

-[:space:][:newline:]

With

Just leave this empty

Note: You need to be very specific about the spaces and newline. In my case I had two spaces so I had to do “Replace: -[:space:][:space:][:newline:]”

Note 2: If at the end of the process you don’t want to have the “- “ at the beginning of each line you could add a second format step and repeat the same process by doing “Replace: -[:space:] With”

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

WOW! 🙌 Thank you so much for sharing this helpful workaround with the Community, @Sac. We really appreciate it! 🤗 

I’m sure there will be lots of folks here that will benefit from reading this. Thanks for being active in the Community! 💖⚡

Userlevel 1

I faced similar issues and found a workaround using the Format step in Zapier. By adding a "- " before each line, I used the Replace method inside the Format step to remove blank rows:

Replace:

css
Copy code
-[:space:][:newline:]
With:

kotlin
Copy code
(Leave this empty)
Note: Be precise about spaces and newlines. I had to use "Replace: -[:space:][:space:][:newline:]".

If you don't want the "- " at the beginning of each line, add another Format step and use "Replace: -[:space:] With" to remove it.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

WOW! 🙌 Thank you so much for sharing this helpful workaround with the Community, @Sac. We really appreciate it! 🤗 

I’m sure there will be lots of folks here that will benefit from reading this. Thanks for being active in the Community! 💖⚡

That's true, its very helpfull.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @DannyCarter to share how you solved a similar issue! 🙌

Really great to see such helpful knowledge sharing going on here in the Community. Thanks again! 🤗