I work at a computer all day - I slouch, I slump, I droop, and I stoop. It’s not long before those cricks add up that only a good stretch can alleviate.
I know myself, though - if I have a reminder to stretch at the same time every day, I’ll soon ignore it. So, I set up a Zap to remind me to stretch at RANDOM times of the day so I never know when it’s coming! It’s a lot harder to ignore surprises!
This one’s an easy set up.
- It uses Schedule by Zapier as the daily trigger.
- Then, there’s a first Formatter step. It uses a pick list to randomize the time of the day - I’ve set it to select a random time between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Next, it uses a Delay step to delay the Zap so you’re only notified at the correct time of day.
- It has one more Formatter pick list to randomly select from a list of exercise links that I found online.
- Lastly, it sends me a Slack message that includes the exercise links.
You can check it out (and turn it on) here: https://zapier.com/shared/c05b3bc173ca41c4dbb40e4267d4f1914ece3cec
Hope this helps you too!
This is a great idea, thanks
@MichelleS. I have set this up and I will report back as to try out the stretching exercises!
I was also thinking of adapting this to remind me to call randomly assigned customers. As part of a Keep In Touch effort.