Beta

Zap Editor Drafts Beta is here!

Categories: Beta Release Product Updates
Zap Editor Drafts Beta is here!

Hi all! 

We're excited to introduce a new way to edit your Zaps: Drafts. Drafts are a new feature that lets you make changes to a Zap without turning it off, so your critical workflows keep running even as they evolve.

We're making drafts available to select existing users—like you!—as a beta, so we can get real-life feedback about how it works. 

Sound amazing? We agree, and think you should check it out. To Opt-In for Drafts, head to this page and sign up. Happy drafting! 

wow, gg team this looks great!

My gosh, SO happy to hear this! Sosososososo happy to hear this.

Can you discard a draft and have it revert?

This feels very very very close to version control coming 🤞🤞🤞

This makes me very happy. Thank you!

Hi @alex - stoked to hear you are excited! We are too :grin:

As for your question- when you discard a draft, you will be taken back to the published Zap. If you discard the draft, you can't bring back that draft at a later stage.  At any given moment, there can only be one published version and one draft associated to a Zap. You can toggle your view to switch between published and draft, by clicking "Save & Exit"

Hope that helps, and let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you! 

Love it! All of that sounds great! Thank you for putting this together - definitely headed in the right direction! :heart_eyes:

Hi team!

So I enabled it on my account and it’s lovely! But no other users on our team are getting it :tired_face:

Any possible chance it could be enabled for all users on our team?

Thanks!

Oh wait, I see that I essentially need each team member to visit that page and manually enable it. Wish there was “enable for entire team in beta” option.

@alex you’re spot on about the opt-ins. I’ve passed the feedback along to the team, and let you know if there are plans to roll out a team option. Thanks for the suggestion and appreciate the compliments :slight_smile:  

Another question (apologies on so many comments!) Where should we be giving feedback on Drafts? There’s 2 bugs I’ve found:

1. You cannot edit the title from the top-left area when you’re in “Edit” mode. The keyboard just sorta stops working. It works fine if you go into the settings title area on the right-hand side.
  2. You cannot scroll through the jump between paths/steps dropdown in the top-left when you’re in a path, it gets cut off and there’s no vertical scroll bar:

Please let me know if I should just reach out to support or somewhere else :)

@alex not a problem at all! It’s why we invite folks to Beta in the first place, the feedback (and bugs) are what we’re here for :relaxed:

I’ve passed this along to the folks directly working on drafts, so hopefully we’ll find a fix to those soon! In the meantime, you can post the feedback wherever is easiest- if it’s here I’ll be sure to get it in the right hands. 

it seems like webhook trigger is broken, it doesnt get recent requests

Thanks for letting us know @Jeff Thorns - I’ll send this bug along to the team. 

I love this feature, it was so needed! Just ran into a problem though, tried making my first new sub-zap since opting into the Beta and couldn’t get the new Sub Zap to pull in a sample call.

I tried numerous times to click the Test button in the Call a Sub-Zap step sending data to it, but then go click Load More calls in the Start a Sub-Zap trigger and the sample call wouldn’t come through.

Finally, I tried logging out of my account, logged in using a different email address to an account that is part of our Zapier Team but not opted into the Drafts beta, then using that account went into the new Sub-Zap, clicked Load more sample calls, and the sample call I was looking for showed right up. Was then able to log out of that account, back into my other account, and the newly pulled in sample is now available to work with there.

Hit another issue. Airtable - Update Record step, the required Record field is disabled in the new editor. Switching back to the old editor works around it.

It would be awesome if beta testers got a extra beta team member account, we are currently dealing with the bugs of drafts without being able to switch back to a non drafts beta account because we have a 2000k zap account…..

Hi

How's the progress going regarding this?

What's the target date to release this big update?

Any know issues with the new updates that includes drafts?  I cannot get newly created Zaps to work since my account was updated with the draft feature. 

All newly created zaps will only work on tests.  Beyond tests no zaps get triggered. 

Please advise.

Any know issues with the new updates that includes drafts?  I cannot get newly created Zaps to work since my account was updated with the draft feature. 

All newly created zaps will only work on tests.  Beyond tests no zaps get triggered. 

Please advise.

Hi! I´ve been trying all day to get them work, it was only a few minutes ago that I was able to do it. Since we are editing the existing Zap, we are now creating a new draft that has to be published. I´ve notice that the Zaps that didn´t have “Has Draft” beside the name were the one who actually worked, so I edit the existing ones, made little changes like in Tittles o texts so it would let me “Publish” it, and now they are working 

Please advise.

Hi! I´ve been trying all day to get them work, it was only a few minutes ago that I was able to do it. Since we are editing the existing Zap, we are now creating a new draft that has to be published. I´ve notice that the Zaps that didn´t have “Has Draft” beside the name were the one who actually worked, so I edit the existing ones, made little changes like in Tittles o texts so it would let me “Publish” it, and now they are working 

Because when I tried to edit them it said “Unpublished draft”, I dont really know where to publish if it doesn´t gives me the option (the botton was unable until I edit them)

I m not sure if i make it right, but i only can “Save Draft & Exit”, the “Publish” botton is unable. 

i already “Restest & Review” the zap a few times, and no issue found, i can’t not publish the draft and “skip test” option is not available. 

Please help me with how to publish the draft. or please reverse me to the older version. 

thank you. 

Further describe as attached screen shoot. not able to publish for some reason. 

Is there a way to turn back to the old version and not have the drafts feature? 

Hi there @imi93 - the current way to have drafts turned off is to reach out to Support, you can do so here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

I too can not publish my draft - I can only discard or use in View mode. The gray publish button is not working. Thoughts?

Hi friends! 👋🏽 I wanted to swing by and share this post in case you’re still needing any assistance with troubleshooting. It has a few helpful workarounds and includes some of the most current updates. Thanks so much for your help and patience in flagging some of the workarounds here! It’s very much appreciated.