Google Sheets is one of the most used apps on Zapier, and for good reason. It’s a free tool, it’s powerful, and spreadsheets are so versatile.
Check out what we’ve been up to lately!
New Action: Update Multiple Rows
You could already update a single row, and create multiple rows. So now it’s the best of both worlds. This can be used after one of our Find Row(s) actions in Google Sheets, for example.
New Action: Find Worksheet
I actually helped someone who was looking for this exact feature and we happened to be finalizing it for release :)
Check out the use case here:
New Action: Add Formatting Capabilities to Create/Update Row Actions
This new action is quite comprehensive, so I’ll just add this image so you can see for yourself :)
Improved: We’ve Renamed Some of Our Actions, to Make Them More Clear
This is a small one, but some of our action names were causing confusion. We changed things to make it less ambiguous.
- Create Spreadsheet Row(s) → Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows
- Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) → Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items)
- Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support) → Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, output as Line Items)
Improved: Output Line Items in a Consistent Format
There were some differences between how the following actions outputted line items:
- Lookup Spreadsheet Row
- Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items)
- Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, output as Line Items)
You’ll now have a consistent and predictable output across all of them.
Improved: Lookup Spreadsheet Rows and Get Many Spreadsheet Rows Return Up to 500 Results
Before this update, the limits were 10 and 20, respectively. This is a massive improvement!
Until Next Time!
I don’t think we’re anywhere near done with Google Sheets improvements, so you’ll no doubt hear from me again :)