Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 Now Support Shared Inboxes/Calendars

Categories: App Integrations
Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 Now Support Shared Inboxes/Calendars

We've got good news! It's now possible to use shared inboxes and calendars with Microsoft Outlook and Office 365!

First, if you already have an account connected to Zapier, I would recommend that you reconnect it, to ensure your Zap can pick up on the new feature. 

Triggers 

• You can use any inbox you have "read" access to, by typing in the address of the shared inbox. 

• All calendars you have "read" access for should appear in the "Calendar" dropdown menu.

Actions

• Specify an inbox in the "From" address, to send emails from that address. 

• All calendars you have "write" access for should appear in the "Calendar" dropdown menu.

Troubleshooting for shared inboxes

If you get an error (usually a 404 error) when trying to use the inbox-related fields, make sure the address was typed correctly and that you have proper access to that inbox. You can also try to reconnect the account.

Shared Outlook calendars make it much easier to onboard entire teams, so kudos all the way!

One example that I’ve been involved with as a product owner is connecting Out of Office blockers in Outlook with other apps like Jira. Thanks to the Out of Office Assistant for Jira  that we have just published, you can stop work assignments during your time off and instead shift those tasks to a different colleague who will be on duty during your absence.

Without the ability to pick shared calendars, everyone had to work off their own, and then create an additional filter, remembering to tag it with something like “ooo”. With the support for shared calendars, you can have everybody’s absences on just one place and trigger as many automations as team members there are. It’s very neat!

I can’t seem to get the shared inbox to connect, it keeps looking for emails in my own inbox

How can I access a contact folder of my shared mailboxes?

I’m trying to figure this out as well, each time I try to get to a shared inbox Zapier just creates a new connection to my existing inbox/calendar. Need a bit more direction in using shared inboxes.

Hi,

Thanks for this, I’m able to see the shared calendars, but not all of them, I only can see the first 3, and if click in the Load More option, none other calendar appear.

Also, if I try to create an appointment to any of their calendars I receive a message that says that I don’t have the credentials for this (I have full access to their account).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Hi - I am having a similar problem with this. The “From” field does not appear as an option so I dont have an option to use shared inboxes/groups. Any ideas about how to make this appear very gratefully received! Thanks Tim